The Alaris Medley Infusion Pump System provides a comprehensive solution for realistic simulation in any setting. Alaris Medley modules work together to deliver infusions and protect patients from medication errors.¬† Up to four Modules can be connected on one Point of Care unit for patient monitoring and medication delivery. In today‚Äôs episode our nurse educator, Sally O‚ÄôMeara, will explain the features included in the Alaris Medley and how it can be used in a variety of patient care scenarios.¬† At DiaMedical USA our mission is simple: improve the quality of healthcare by providing innovative tools like our Tuesday Teachings series to help educate the next generation of medical professionals.
Meet Our Nurse Educator Sally
Sally O‚ÄôMeara, our on-staff nurse educator has over 30 years of experience as a registered nurse and has been teaching nursing courses for the last 15 years! She has a variety of experience using high and low fidelity simulation for healthcare education and simulation. Sally is passionate about providing both students and instructors with all the tools to run innovative and cost-effective healthcare simulations!
Infusion Therapy with the Alaris Medley Smart Pump - Watch Now!
- Guardrails Suite MX software is the most comprehensive infusion safety software available and¬†the only system that can help safeguard both continuous and intermittent infusions
- For intermittent infusions, Guardrails MX limits both drug dose and infusion duration for both primary and secondary infusions.
- Anesthesia mode provides dosing and delivery options not available to clinicians on inpatient care units
- Bolus dose drug identification and rate limits ensure safe medication delivery at very high or low rates
- Therapies can have different dosing options for the same drug with customizable limits based on the patient‚Äôs condition
- The dedicated IV fluid library configures rate limits for each IV fluid with a profile to determine if secondary fluids can be infused concurrently
- Customizable clinical advisories remind clinicians of best practices throughout IV therapy
- PCA Pause Control can automatically pause PCA infusions if the patient falls bel0w hospital-defined respiratory monitoring limits.
- Guardrails software allows you to convert data into meaningful information, so you can quickly identify opportunities for clinical and operational improvement
- Provides the right protection for every infusion by double-checking dose and duration, as well as delivery rate, protecting critical infusions like chemotherapy
- With Guardrails CQI Reporter, you have the tools to spot subtle trends, measure the effectiveness of your IV formularies and best practices, and continuously optimize patient care
- Wireless connectivity to easily update drug libraries and IV therapy delivery parameters from a central location
- Products ShownALARIS MEDLEY INFUSION PUMP COMBO #5 ‚Äì PATIENT READY
- 8120 PCA MODULE ‚Äì INSTRUCTIONAL USE
- 8110 SYRINGE MODULE ‚Äì INSTRUCTIONAL USE